[OS X TeX] how to handle window-mania?

Jack Kuipers kprs at calvin.edu
Fri Oct 15 20:44:04 EDT 2004

All of us have work habits developed around other helpful software. I
found CTVD to be a very helpful addition. I have six independent
desktops (up to 100 are possible). One desktop is devoted to TeXShop;
on it are two TeXShop documents for ONE project, namely, code_file.ltx
and the compiled_output_file.pdf. Only those two are on the TeXShop
Desktop (no others). Other auxilliary files are on another desktop and
readily available at the flick of the mouse. All the other desktops are
hidden from view ---- in whatever margin you choose bounding your
screen. If I wish to get a graphic, I merely go to another desktop
(your TeXShop stuff vanishes in the margin), get your graphic file send
it to the appropriate desktop. For me, it's now a-piece-of-cake. If you
want a second TeXShop file also open --- merely open its ltx_file on
the same original TeXShop desktop, Then drag these new files to a new
desktop --- if you wish. It's the best $40.00 I ever spent.

Hope this is helpful. I can't speak to Desk Manager (I have it; but
don't use it --- for reasons, clear to me)
Jack B. Kuipers
Professor  emeritus
Mathematics & Computer Science
Calvin Colleges