[OS X TeX] adding an own map file in TL2004

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Tue Oct 19 04:30:18 EDT 2004

> Dear Gerben,
>
> in TL2004 there is no
>
> /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/pdftex/config/pdftex.cfg
>
> anymore.
>
> The only pdftex.cfg available is located in
>
> /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.gwtex/pdftex/config/pdftex.cfg
>
> But adding a "map +myfonts.map" to
>
> /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.gwtex/pdftex/config/pdftex.cfg
>
> does not seem to work. Is there a new place for adding an own map file?

Yes, put it in ~/Library/texmf/fonts/map and call the updmap command

    sudo updmap --enable Map foo.map

or

    sudo updmap --enable MixedMap foo.map

Where the latter is for fonts that have both pk and other versions, e.g.
CM-Super and the former for fonts that do not exist except via the
mapping.

Using pdftex.cfg always was a deprecated option, except when you want a
map available in pdftex and not in dvips. There must be a way to do this
with updmap, I'll look into this and report back.

pdftex.cfg is not used in TL2004 and the fact that it is still in
texmf.gwtex is an error.

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>