[OS X TeX] TextMate text editor

William D. Neumann wneumann at cs.unm.edu
Wed Oct 20 10:10:22 EDT 2004

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004, Thomas Gustafsson wrote:

> Has anyone else experienced the same behavior of the text editors.

Can't say that I've noticed that Vim slowdown you speak of, but I don't
tend to do a whole lot of soft-wrapping myself (it bugs me for some
reason... even if it is more portable).

> Which text editors do you use?

Depends on my task.  For *TeXing, I'm usually working in iTeXMac, just for
the ease of typesetting, bibtexing, etc..  For programming, I used to be a
Vim guy (still am, I guess), but TextMate is really coming on strong for
me.  In just version 1.0.1b8, it's already made BBEdit look like a clunky
old child's toy in my eyes -- TM seems so much more flexible and powerful.
And I used to do my web-monkeying in Taco Edit, but I might move that over
to TextMate as well (haven't tried it with HTML, etc. yet).

And of course, I still use pico for tiny little jobs.

> Thomas, that is still searching for the perfect text editor :)

Aren't we all?

William D. Neumann

---

"Well I could be a genius, if I just put my mind to it.
And I...I could do anything, if only I could get 'round to it.
Oh we were brought up on the space-race, now they expect you to clean toilets.
When you've seen how big the world is, how can you make do with this?
If you want me, I'll be sleeping in - sleeping in throughout these glory days."

 	-- Jarvis Cocker

Think of XML as Lisp for COBOL programmers.

 	-- Tony-A (some guy on /.)
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>