[OS X TeX] Syncing again

Curtis Clifton curt.clifton at mac.com
Tue Sep 7 09:28:07 EDT 2004

Thomas,

On Sep 7, 2004, at 8:02 AM, Thomas Schröder wrote:

> I've got a master file where I \include several chapters and going
> from the .pdf to one of the chapters works better than ever, but going
> from the source to the .pdf always results in the master source file
> being opened.
>
> As a little test, I put everything into one file whereupon everything
> is working fine: I get from the .pdf to the source and from the source
> to the .pdf, always to the right locations.

Do your included chapters have a comment line directing TeXShop to the
master document?  Something like:

%SourceDoc thesis.tex

substituting you master document file name for "thesis.tex".

Curt

Curtis Clifton, PhD Candidate
Dept. of Computer Science, Iowa State University
http://www.cs.iastate.edu/~cclifton

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>