[OS X TeX] wp2LaTeX

Stefan Walsen stefan at walsen.net
Thu Sep 9 21:34:44 EDT 2004

Jan Anderssen wrote:
> i tried to compile wp2latex too (./configure and make all in the main
> directory; unsucessfully, despite best intentions :)), and ran into the
> following problems:
> error message i get stuck with (concerns a different file, pass1_6.cc,
> maybe related, i don't know):
>
> g++ -g -O2 -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions  -I./atoms/include/ -I./cp_lib/
> -I/sw/include/ -DFINAL  -Wno-long-double   -c pass1_6.cc  -o pass1_6.o
> -D__gettext__
> pass1_6.cc: In function `void IncUserCounter(TconvertedPass1_WP6*)':
> pass1_6.cc:1670: error: ambiguous overload for `string& [long unsigned
> int]'
>    operator
> pass1_6.cc:1670: error: candidates are: operator[](const char*, int)
> <built-in>
> atoms/include/strings.h:85: error:                 char&
>    string::operator[](unsigned int) const
> atoms/include/strings.h:87: error:                 char&
>    string::operator[](int) const

You have to tell newer gcc versions explicitly that you want to convert
an expression of one type (here: long unsigned int) into another,
smaller type (here: unsigned int).

If you insert "(unsigned int)" (with the parentheses, but without the
quotes) right after the opening square bracket at the offending lines,
you will be able to compile the program. You might also have to tell
linker where you libintl.dylib is, like you had to tell him about the
location of the header file, and make sure $(GCC) is set to g++ .

I don't have any WordPerfect files, so I can't try it out, but I hope
this helps.

Stefan
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>