[OS X TeX] Missing characters in Preview w/CJK

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Wed Sep 22 18:13:19 EDT 2004

Le 22 sept. 04, à 23:37, Roger Hart a écrit :

> I am not a technical expert, but having spent many days trying to get
> dvipdfmx to work properly, I would strongly discourage using it:

I don't know a thing about Japanese or Chinese, but, if I understood
well, the problem in this thread is producing, with TeX, PDF files
including characters from these languages. Have you had a look at XeTeX
<http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/page.php?
site_id=nrsi&item_id=xetex>? Judging by the screenshots at this page,
in particular
<http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/render_graphic.php?
site_id=nrsi&type=graphic_in_html&title=Popup&filename=../sites/nrsi/
media/xetex_sorting.png>, XeTeX might offer a solution. It has
currently better support for plain TeX than LaTeX, but it's progressing
very rapidly towards LaTeX compatibility. Just today, for example, a
new release was produced that adds preliminary support for hyperref.
There's also a dedicated mailing list
<http://tug.org/mailman/listinfo/xetex>.

HTH,

Bruno Voisin