[OS X TeX] New to Emacs, where to begin?

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Wed Apr 6 14:47:23 EDT 2005

Am 06.04.2005 um 20:09 schrieb Mika Luoma-aho:

> Is there something to read (apart from TFM), a FAQ perhaps that would
> teach me the basics of doing LaTeX with Emacs?

Check the Help button! A good start is the tutorial (C-h t) that
teaches you Emacs -- and its nomenclature. You don't have to work it on
one day or evening. There is also the FAQ (C-h C-f) and the lengthy
news (C-h n).

If you start to Read the Emacs Manual (C-h r) you enter a special mode,
the info mode, which is a hypertext application. (The general approach
is C-h i.) It's easy to navigate since the buffer's top shows the
choices you have.

--
Greetings

   Pete