[OS X TeX] Using postscript fonts generated with mftrace

Roberto Avanzi Roberto.Avanzi at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Tue Apr 12 01:38:09 EDT 2005

Bruno Voisin wrote:
 >Le 11 avr. 05, à 14:50, Roberto Avanzi a écrit :
 >
> > I  downloaded and installed the latest versions of
> >
> > FontForge
> > potrace
> > autotrace
> > mftrace
> >
> > on my mac (os x 10.3.8).  I use TeXShop with Gerben Wierda's
> > extended teTeX distribution, btw.
 >
 > BTW, how did you install them (potrace, autotrace, mftrace)? Recently
 > used potrace to trace a bitmap logo, and installed it with
DarwinPorts.
 > Did you use DarwinPorts as well, or Fink, or some other distribution?

Everything from source.  Download, unpack, ./configure (play with
compiler and compilation flags to get a lot more speed) make and
sudo make install.

I have solved my problems now.  I forgot to create and add a map
file and to tun updmap.  Shame on me.  The font could look better
at the huuuuuuuge magnifications (2000% and more) but even printed
on paper at very high resolution it is just quite good.

  Roberto
--
/_/  Dr. Roberto Avanzi, Junior Professor
_/  Fakultät für Mathematik - Ruhr University Bochum

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>