[OS X TeX] Babel, Greek, and a fouled up Table of Contents

Daryl Basil Biberdorf darylb at pobox.com
Wed Apr 13 13:41:57 EDT 2005

I'm using LaTeX (with TeXShop) for my Master of Theology thesis,
using the LaTeX report class. I'm also using the Babel package
in order to support the Greek language needs in the paper
( \usepackage[polutonikogreek,english]{babel} ).

The document is structured using a master document that
uses \include to include the text of the various chapters
(stored in their own files) into the document.

My problem: some of the table of contents entries show
up using the Greek font (e.g., the chapter or section
title in English will be rendered using Greek characters).

Including a specific \selectlanguage{english} before
each \chapter command fixed the problem when I only had
chapter titles in the table of contents. However, I'm now
wanting sections in there, and it seems silly to have
to include \selectlanguage before each one to guarantee
that the TOC entry is in the right font.

I am very careful when using \selectlanguage to never leave
the Greek mode turned on. In fact, I use a TeXShop macro
to always include the \selectlanguage{polutonikogreek}
\selectlanguage{english} pairs.

Has anyone else seen this problem?

Basil

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>