[OS X TeX] plea for help with TeX bibliographic databases: the humanities, and unicode

Peter Pagin peter.pagin at philosophy.su.se
Wed Apr 13 16:31:36 EDT 2005

Thanks for the tip about McBride. It is nice, but doesn't offer the
connection with babel that I have in the bst I designed myself, and so
doesn't interpret the definitions I put into babelbst.tex.

Also, I noticed that McBride uses full stop as inter-block punctuation.
I want normally to use comma, except when I come to the information
about translations and reprints. Then I want full stop. If I put that
information in a separate notes field, then it does come up last, as it
should, but separated by a comma, as it shouldn't. I haven't figured out
how to avoid this, except by writing that information into the last
regular field used.

A few journals (like Journal of Philosophy) want bibliographical entries
in footnotes. Patrick Daly's bibentry package is adequate for that purpose.

Best,
Peter

--
Peter Pagin