[OS X TeX] Incidental report: ConTeXt i-Package update

Herb Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Fri Apr 15 10:18:08 EDT 2005

On 4/15/05 12:37 AM, "Gerben Wierda" <Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl> wrote:

> The ConTeXT updater has changed (automatically) to include the latest
> ConTeXT beta (Apr 14). This is a completely automatic update, as soon
> as a new ConTeXt (stable or beta) is released, the i-Package will be
> updated automatically and uploaded to all reporsitories.
>
> Unless I build in reporting to these lists in my automatic update
> procedures in the future, these ConTeXt updates will not be reported to
> the list.

I had a problem using this and installing the Experimental version. I didn't
try installing the Stable version.

ConTeXt ran fine but somehow the map files were messed up and trying to run
pdflatex gave a long list of warnings about duplicate fonts listed in map
files and attempts to build the Lucida Bright fonts. Un-installing didn't
help! I had to rerun the TeX configuration and the ConTeXt removal done
during that configuration deleted many map files in
texmf.local/fonts/map/pdftex/context/ which cleaning things up and got
pdflatex up and running again.

Hmmm... a not so subtle statement that ConTeXt is supposed to be better than
LaTeX? :-)

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>