[OS X TeX] TeXShop and BBEdit problems

Richard Seguin riseguin at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 30 23:54:27 EDT 2005

I did a clean install of 10.4 and loaded Gerben's distribution with
TeX Live 2004, and can typeset with LaTeX with no problems.
TeXniscope works just fine, and the new TeXShop looks impressive,
especially with the new synchronization capability. On my 550 MHz
titanium Powerbook, keyboard to screen rendering with large source
files is considerably faster than it was, although it's still a
little sluggish, especially compared to BBEdit.

After using BBEdit 8.2 for a while, it suddenly popped up a message
that said that I was an unlicensed user and that it was going to
quit. The problem is that I was a licensed user, had previously
entered the serial number, and brought BBEdit up and down multiple
times with no complaints. I re-entered the serial number and it's now
working again.

After typesetting with TeXShop, the PDF preview came forward in focus
as expected with no problem. However, when I clicked inside the text
area of the source editor to bring that back into focus, I got an
unending spinning beach ball and my fan got pretty loud. I had to
force quite TeXShop.

Somewhat off topic, the new Mail program is faster on my machine than
the old version, and very responsive, contrary to some reports that
I've seen that it is sluggish on older and slower machines.

Richard Séguin

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>