[OS X TeX] Find in texshop

Christopher Allen Christopher.T.Allen.95 at Alum.Dartmouth.ORG
Sun Dec 18 10:09:31 EST 2005

> Common usage for a word like figure is "see figure~\ref{fig:blah}",
> so just adding the spaces probably won't be enough. You can try to
> use regular expressions:
>
> \sfigure[\s~]
>
> (search for whitespace (space, tab, return), figure (not case-
> sensitive, if you want) followed by whitespace or a tilde).

I still think the space before "figure" is far more important than
examination of things afterward. I would guess that he wants to find
things like your "see figure~\ref{fig:blah}" which will be found by
only searching for white space before "figure." I particularly think
that avoiding the search after "figure" would be important so you can
find things like "figures" and "figure," and "figure." and "figure;"
and "figure'" and more. There are very few marks that can show up
adjacent to and preceding "figure" in standard English; there are
more and more frequently used ones that show up afterward.

Could you do [\s"'(] or something like that prior to figure? I don't
know the limits of regular expressions.

Chris