[OS X TeX] Pdftricks problem

Herb Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Feb 3 13:31:10 EST 2005

On 2/3/05 10:07 AM, "Martin Buchmann" <Martin.Buchmann at uni-jena.de> wrote:

> Anyway, i don't see why you aren't following the advice given at
>
> http://www.pstricks.de/pdf/pdfoutput.phtml
>
> and use the ps4pdf package. Herbert Voss should really know what
> solution is the to be considered the "best". Also he provided enough
> examples how good minimal examples should look like and how to track
> outdated styles using '\listfiles'[1] on the pstricks email list where
> you asked the same questions a few days ago IIRC.

Thanks for that URL; it's very interesting and I didn't know about it
before.

In any case, I've just put up a version of the pdftricks package that uses
the processing sequence latex->dvips->pstopdf->pdfcrop to produce the
included .pdf graphic and the BoundingBox is now fine.

I put it up as NewPdftricks.sit on my download site;

<http://homepage.mac.com/herbs2/>

if anyone is interested in testing it out.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>