[OS X TeX] Good bye!

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Sun Feb 6 17:04:26 EST 2005

Le 30 janv. 05, à 13:42, Will Robertson a écrit :

> On 30 Jan 2005, at 10:50 PM, Arno Kruse wrote:
>
>> Should a genius write a program that enables a "normal" user to use
>> common fonts, I shall be back immediately.
>
> That is XeTeX, and Jonathan Kew is the genius. Visit
> <scripts.sil.org/xetex> to read more, then install it with
> i-Installer.

Just a word of caution, motivated by user feedback on this and the
XeTeX list, and relevant if you plan to use XeTeX to write maths: at
that time, XeTeX doesn't support virtual fonts neither can it use
PostScript fonts in the PFB or PFA formats. Which means that, in case
you write maths formulas, you're stuck with Computer Modern fonts for
these formulas or, if you happen to own them, Lucida New Math fonts. In
particular, you won't be able to use MathTime fonts, or the virtual
math fonts like txfonts, pxfonts, etc.

Bruno Voisin

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>