[OS X TeX] New TeX i-Package release in *EXPERIMENTAL* i-Directory

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Tue Feb 22 18:37:11 EST 2005

Am 23.02.2005 um 00:19 schrieb John Rawnsley:

> Out of interest I ran it on a 350 page book using latex ->
> dvi -> ps -> pdf based on amslatex and using a range of packages. The
> final pdf was byte-identical to one produced last November

That's not really a proof -- it only proofs that you're still using the
same Ghostscript!

I don't think that there is any code changed to create a DVI output
file, so you get since some years always the same. Afterwards only a
different version of Ghostscript could bring a different PDF output.
Using pdftex to directly create PDF could show differences -- hopefully
only in the PDF code and not in the shape.

--
Greetings

   Pete

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>