[OS X TeX] Empty boxes, no chars

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Mon Feb 28 10:06:16 EST 2005

Am 28.02.2005 um 15:34 schrieb Bruno Voisin:

> I had completely forgotten about this promise, and just remembered it.
> The code you're looking for is the solution to exercise 11.5 on p. 67
> of the TeXbook. The solution is given on pp. 310-311, and is extremely
> tricky (at least for me):

Thank you very much, Bruno, I think this code too much for /my/
exercise! At least I could understand that your example is quite
correct and I found the dimension to make the character boxes light.
This example really looks much better than the output of
\fbox{\phantom{X}} (but this has too some parameters to change default
line thickness).

How can you be so sure that there are no typos? It's almost 1k
characters long!

   It's not the valleys in life I dread so much as the dips.
		-- 	Garfield