[OS X TeX] input versus include in Texshop

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Wed Jan 5 03:33:10 EST 2005

Le 5 janv. 05, à 09:14, David Arnold a écrit :

> Workaround? I don't want my include commands to make the input file
> start on a new page.

Did you try putting in the preamble of your master file the definition
of \include from
/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/tex/latex/base/latex.ltx, with the
\clearpage commands commented out? Namely:

\makeatletter
\def\@include#1 {%
%  \clearpage
   \if at filesw
     \immediate\write\@mainaux{\string\@input{#1.aux}}%
   \fi
   \@tempswatrue
   \if at partsw
     \@tempswafalse
     \edef\reserved at b{#1}%
     \@for\reserved at a:=\@partlist\do
       {\ifx\reserved at a\reserved at b\@tempswatrue\fi}%
   \fi
   \if at tempswa
     \let\@auxout\@partaux
     \if at filesw
       \immediate\openout\@partaux #1.aux
       \immediate\write\@partaux{\relax}%
     \fi
     \@input@{#1.tex}%
%    \clearpage
     \@writeckpt{#1}%
     \if at filesw
       \immediate\closeout\@partaux
     \fi
   \else
     \deadcycles\z@
     \@nameuse{cp@#1}%
   \fi
   \let\@auxout\@mainaux}
\makeatother

To be tried with fingers crossed, as (1) I don't use pdfsync myself and
(2) patching such low-level LaTeX commands may be hazardous to your
output!

Bruno Voisin

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>