[OS X TeX] input versus include in Texshop

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Wed Jan 5 06:45:13 EST 2005

On 5 jan 2005, at 9:33, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> Le 5 janv. 05, à 09:14, David Arnold a écrit :
>
>> Workaround? I don't want my include commands to make the input file
>> start on a new page.
>
> Did you try putting in the preamble of your master file the definition
> of \include from
> /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/tex/latex/base/latex.ltx, with the
> \clearpage commands commented out? Namely:

[snip]

> To be tried with fingers crossed, as (1) I don't use pdfsync myself
> and (2) patching such low-level LaTeX commands may be hazardous to
> your output!

Won't work: pdfsync patches the \include command, but leaves the \input
command alone. The viewer application subsequently doesn't know in
which source file to look and pdfsync breaks down. Actually \include
does a whole lot more than \input (switching aux files, ...).

Your best bet is to apply the same technique pdfsync uses on the
include command and use it on \input. Have a look inside the
pdfsync.sty file to see which parts to copy. Ensure that you save the
old definition of \input or nasty things will happen.

Maarten

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>