[OS X TeX] input versus include in Texshop

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Wed Jan 5 07:11:38 EST 2005

Le 5 janv. 05, à 12:45, Maarten Sneep a écrit :

>> Did you try putting in the preamble of your master file the
>> definition of \include from
>> /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/tex/latex/base/latex.ltx, with the
>> \clearpage commands commented out? Namely:
>
> [snip]
>
>> To be tried with fingers crossed, as (1) I don't use pdfsync myself
>> and (2) patching such low-level LaTeX commands may be hazardous to
>> your output!
>
> Won't work: pdfsync patches the \include command, but leaves the
> \input command alone. The viewer application subsequently doesn't know
> in which source file to look and pdfsync breaks down. Actually
> \include does a whole lot more than \input (switching aux files, ...).

Are you sure? I looked for the string "include" in pdfsync.sty (version
0.6 from January 2004) and only found it in the redefinition of
\InputIfFileExists:

     % patching LaTeX \InputIfFileExists for \include and \input
     \let\PDFSYNC at InputIfFileExists\InputIfFileExists%
     \long\def \InputIfFileExists##1##2##3{%
	  \immediate\write\PDFPOS{(##1}%
       \PDFSYNC at InputIfFileExists{##1}{##2}{##3}%
       \immediate\write\PDFPOS{)}}%

How would it affect a user's redefinition of \include? There may be
issues regarding the order in which things are done (redefining
\include then calling pdfsync.sty, or the other way round), of course.

Bruno

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>