[OS X TeX] input versus include in Texshop

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Wed Jan 5 07:40:05 EST 2005

On 5 jan 2005, at 13:11, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> Are you sure? I looked for the string "include" in pdfsync.sty
> (version 0.6 from January 2004) and only found it in the redefinition
> of \InputIfFileExists:
>
>     % patching LaTeX \InputIfFileExists for \include and \input
>     \let\PDFSYNC at InputIfFileExists\InputIfFileExists%
>     \long\def \InputIfFileExists##1##2##3{%
> 	  \immediate\write\PDFPOS{(##1}%
>       \PDFSYNC at InputIfFileExists{##1}{##2}{##3}%
>       \immediate\write\PDFPOS{)}}%
>
> How would it affect a user's redefinition of \include? There may be
> issues regarding the order in which things are done (redefining
> \include then calling pdfsync.sty, or the other way round), of course.

Ooops. I thought the LaTeXs \input command was a small redefinition of
TeXs \input command, but apparently the \input and \include commands
are both based on \InputIfFileExists (in order to gracefully handle
missing files). And sure enough, in the file ltfiles.dtx, that
reasoning is properly documented. So actually the code  shown above
should fix both \input and \include.

Queation remains why \input{} didn't work for the original poster.

Maarten

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>