[OS X TeX] TL 2005 how-to

Herb Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sun Jan 9 11:01:39 EST 2005

On 1/9/05 9:40 AM, "Themis Matsoukas" <matsoukas at adelphia.net> wrote:

> I would like to update to TL 2005 from my older 2003 installation. I
> have followed the related threads on-and-off and it seems to me that I
> should remove the 2003 installation before going TL 2005. Is this
> correct? If so, which directory should I remove?
>
> Thanks
>
> Themis Matsoukas

Howdy,

The TL2005 structure is the same as the TL2004 structure. Most of the
changes have been in the structure of the font directory. I know that I just
made a backup of texmf.local, just in case, and had the i-installer do the
rest. It may just be that maps and fonts in your personal texmf tree
(~/Library/texmf) aren't ``seen'' by the installer; deal with that after
installation. I didn't have a problem. I then had to match the structure of
texmf.local in my personal texmf tree. Finally I had to do some `sudo updmap
--enable Map XXXX.map' since the map files where now where updmap would find
them. It all went pretty smoothly.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>