[OS X TeX] TL 2005 how-to

Arno Kruse arnokruse at macnews.de
Sun Jan 9 11:51:06 EST 2005

Am 09.01.2005 um 17:01 schrieb Herb Schulz:

> […] It may just be that maps and fonts in your personal texmf tree
> (~/Library/texmf) aren't ``seen'' by the installer; deal with that
> after
> installation. I didn't have a problem. I then had to match the
> structure of
> texmf.local in my personal texmf tree. Finally I had to do some `sudo
> updmap
> --enable Map XXXX.map' since the map files where now where updmap
> would find
> them. It all went pretty smoothly.

After playing around with XeTeX and fonts generally my directory
~/Library/texmf seemes to be a little bit (I should better say "big
bit") chaotic.

1. Do our Unix-experts have a recommendation how a proper
~/Library/texmf directory should be organized?
For example: I got files with the ending .sty belonging to XeTeX, but
as well files with the same ending belonging to LaTeX. They live
together in a friendly way, but I am not satisfied about this huddle

2. It would be fine to have an overview where all the files with these
interesting endings like
.sty,
.afm, .tfm,
.enc,