[OS X TeX] how to convert .doc to .TEX?

Rene Borgella macmechanic at fastmail.fm
Sat Jan 22 13:10:56 EST 2005

I noticed that there were a bunch of post
recently re. converting from Word to tex.
It seems that most of what I have tried has been
covered, but a couple of points  . . .

I've had good luck removing all maths first from
the Word document and then saving as rtf, which I
then clean up and import via the droplets (I
learned that here on the list when I first moved
from Word to LaTex).

Another one that may be worth trying.  I recently
downloaded AbiWord, and although I haven't had
much time to play with it, I noticed that there's
an export to LaTex option.  Perhaps this may also
be worthy of trying out.

cheers,

René
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>