[OS X TeX] [ANN] TCOBrowser 0.81

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Fri Jul 1 03:45:10 EDT 2005

Le 1 juil. 05 à 05:15, Adam R. Maxwell a écrit :

> I've just uploaded a new beta release of TCOBrowser, with some
> fairly significant changes.  TCOBrowser now supports Spotlight, so
> you can essentially search (part of) CTAN from Spotlight on 10.4.
> Numerous display and performance issues have also been addressed,
> but there's still more to be done if any Cocoa programmers out
> there want a challenge...
>
> It's available from <http://tcobrowser.sourceforge.net/>, and a
> complete list of changes follows.  Thanks to those of you who
> reported problems with the last version!

Hi Adam,

I was willing to check the UTIs claimed by the included SpotLight
importer

     "/Applications/TCOBrowser.app/Contents/Library/Spotlight/
TCOImporter.mdimporter",

to make sure they didn't conflict with the other importers for
the .ps, .pdf and .dvi files:

     "/System/Library/Spotlight/PS.mdimporter",      (from Apple)
     "/Library/Spotlight/DVIImporter.mdimporter",    (from you)
     "/System/Library/Spotlight/PDF.mdimporter",     (from Apple)

But I couldn't remember the command, if any, for returning the UTIs
claimed by a given importer. I looked through the Xcode Reference
Library with no luck.

The world seems in order, though, as TCOBrowser doesn't seem to
interfere with these other importers:

legimc11:~ brunovoisin$ mdimport -d1 -f /usr/local/teTeX/share/
texmf.tetex/doc/latex/base/fntguide.dvi
2005-07-01 09:39:09.953 mdimport[636] Import '/usr/local/teTeX/share/
texmf.tetex/doc/latex/base/fntguide.dvi' type 'com.mac.amaxwell.dvi'
using 'file://localhost/Library/Spotlight/DVIImporter.mdimporter/'
2005-07-01 09:39:09.959 mdimport[636] At 2005-07-01 09:39:09 +0200
dviFilePath is /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/doc/latex/base/
fntguide.dvi

Does this mean TCOImporter references only the local TCOBrowser
cache, not the original .ps, .pdf and .dvi files.

Only minor frown at the program: its name, as TCO has annoying Evil
Empire resonances (ie the Total Cost of Ownership debate). Seems
immensely useful otherwise.

Bruno

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>