[OS X TeX] LaTeXiT 1.2 beta

Pierre Chatelier pierre.chatelier at club-internet.fr
Sat Jul 2 14:43:41 EDT 2005

Hello,

> I would like to first thank you for your hard work.  I know this
> sounds a bit ungrateful, but there are some "minor" features that I
> think could be added to make LaTeXiT a killer app.
Thanks ! If you only complain about missing features, this is because
you did not find bugs (starting from the principle that the user
cannot be just happy ;-)

> I am currently writing my dissertation, which involves many
> equations and references.  It becomes quite confusing when I have
> to remember the labels I assigned to each equation or just to
> remember how an equation looks when there are several similar
> equations within the document.  It would make life much easier if I
> could put all of my equations in LaTeXiT and then when needed drag
> and drop either the LaTeX code, a random pre-formatted equation
> label or a pre-formatted reference to the random equation label.
> With this functionality, one could have all of their equations in
> LaTeXiT and not have to keep track of the labels or references
> while editing a LaTeX document.  This is the type of functionality
> that BibDesk provides, which, to me, is a killer app.

Perhaps I misunderstood, but it seems to me that you can already do
that.
Copy/paste your latex source code into LaTeXiT, latexize, store the
result into the library, and name it with the label of your choice.
Isn't it what you would like to do ?

Regards,

Pierre Chatelier
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>