[OS X TeX] \textcolor and newpage problem

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Sat Jul 9 02:06:02 EDT 2005

On 9 Jul 2005, at 5:33, Robert Sekuler wrote:

> I use TexShop on Tiger, and I've encountered into a problem using
> \textcolor.  When I use \textcolor to alter the color of some text,
> that alteration works but
> seems to be reset, and the text reverts to black, if the text
> spills over onto a new page.
>
> Was wondering if people on the list have seen this, and if there is
> a fix (other than the ugly fix of inserting a \textcolor command at
> each new page break).

This is a known problem, see 'texdoc grfguide' for details (page 6,
the absence of a colour stack, for that statement, see 'texdoc pdftex-
a', page 30). The latter also mentions a possible solution in the
form of the pdfcolmk package.

HTMH,

Maarten

Files:
     /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/doc/latex/graphics/grfguide.ps
     /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/doc/pdftex/manual/pdftex-a.pdf

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>