[OS X TeX] pLaTex2e

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Sat Jul 16 04:12:11 EDT 2005

On 16 Jul 2005, at 1:04, I Made Yulistya Negara wrote:

> I am new in LaTex. I have just downloaded a LaTex template paper.
> I  use TeXShop. As I typeset that template, error massage appear as
> below
>
> This file needs format 'pLaTex2e' but this is LaTex2e'
>
> have someone deal with this problem?

Will you be using platex for all your writing? (seems natural to me,
given your location). In that case: open the TeXShop preferences. The
popup menu in the lower-left corner of of the preferences window will
allow you to select a default that uses platex instead of latex. I
don't know whether you should use Shift JIS or EUC, I think those are
different character encodings.

If you'll only be using this occasionally, you might be better off
with a custom engine. Read the help on information on that subject.

Best regards,

Maarten
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>