[OS X TeX] Package "HTML"

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sun Jul 17 08:36:08 EDT 2005

On Jul 17, 2005, at 7:20 AM, Marek Stepanek wrote:

> On 17.07.2005 13:21, "Martin Costabel" <costabel at wanadoo.fr> wrote:
>

>> There is a html.sty on the site you are quoting. Maybe you forgot to
>> download it?
>>

> Thank you Martin, for this prompt (Sunday!) answer :-)
>

> I downloaded this file, as you suggested it, put it first into the
> folder
> where is the original tex file "UnixBareMn.tex", thinking, that
> probably
> TeXShop will look here to include it, but compilation errors made
> me think,
> that I have to install this file ???
>
> Having only installed one file like that -long time ago-, I will
> describe
> you exactly, what I did, probably I am doing something wrong :
>
> % cd /usr/local/teTeX/
> % cd share/texmf.gwtex/tex/latex/
> % sudo mkdir html
> % ls -lF
> % mv ~/Documents/Aepple/unix_docs/matloff/html.sty html/
> % sudo mv ~/Documents/Aepple/unix_docs/matloff/html.sty html/
> % sudo texhash
>
> Do you see something wrong with it ? I still get those errors :
>
> ! LaTeX Error: Environment rawhtml undefined.
>
> See the LaTeX manual or LaTeX Companion for explanation.
> Type  H <return>  for immediate help.
>
> l.24 \begin{rawhtml}
>

> Thank you for your patience
>
> (did I mentionned, that I am a total beginner ?)
>

> marek

Howdy,

You installed it in the wrong place. If anything it should go into
the texmf.local branch, not texmf.gwtex since that will get
overwritten at the next update. You should also install it into ..../
texmf.local/tex/latex/ or a sub-directory in that directory. It may
even be best if you put it into your personal tree at ~/Library/texmf/
tex/latex/ since that requires no `sudo texhash`. Finally, it most
definitely should work if it's in the same directory as the original
file!

You've got other problems. I'm not sure what the requirements of the
html package are but if it generates raw postscript you must use the
tex+ghostscript processing. Is the purpose of the rawhtml environment
to pretty-print the raw html code? What kind of error messages do you
get when the html.sty file is in the same directory as the main file?

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>