[OS X TeX] Install Package minutes

Marek Stepanek mstep at t-online.de
Sat Jul 23 12:08:20 EDT 2005

On 23.07.2005 16:38, "Maarten Sneep" <maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl> wrote:

> On 23 Jul 2005, at 16:38, Marek Stepanek wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
>> But in this package there were no file with extension .sty
>> (only .dtx and
>> .ins) Do I have to create the .sty-file out of the two others ???
>
> The combination of dtx and ins is a standard way of distributing
> latex packages.
>
> Just run tex on the ins ('install') file. It will process the dtx
> file to produce the sty file.
> Then run the dtx file through (pdf)latex, and you'll get the
> documentation of the
> package. You can then move the produced files to the correct locations.
>
> Maarten

Maarten I am blushing, because I asked a faq. I never installed a package
like this. Sorry to this list.

Perhaps somebody could check, whether I did it right this time ...

    [markslap:~/Desktop/minutes] mareklap% tex minutes.ins
    [markslap:~/Desktop/minutes] mareklap% latex minutes.dtx
        # two times to get the index ...
    [markslap:] mareklap% cd
        /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/tex/latex/minutes/
    [markslap:latex/docs/minutes] mareklap% sudo rm minutes*
            #here were two files from my former (wrong) installation
    [markslap:latex/docs/minutes] mareklap% sudo cp
        ~/Desktop/minutes/minutes.sty .
    [markslap:latex/docs/minutes] mareklap% cd ../../../../
    [markslap:share/texmf.gwtex/doc] mareklap% cd texmf.gwtex/doc/
    [markslap:share/texmf.gwtex/doc] mareklap% sudo mkdir minutes
    [markslap:share/texmf.gwtex/doc] mareklap% sudo cp
        ~/Desktop/minutes/minutes.dtx minutes/
    [markslap:share/texmf.gwtex/doc] mareklap% kpsewhich minutes.sty
/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/tex/latex/minutes/minutes.sty

Apparently everything is compiling well now ! Thank you for your prompt
answer again

marek

ps: perhaps somebody could give me privately a hint to my OT-question in my
original (first) posting ?

___PODIUM_INTERNATIONAL_//_the_embassy_for_talented_young_musicians___
______ Marek_Stepanek  mstep_[at]_PodiumInternational_[dot]_org ______
_________________ http://www.PodiumInternational.org _________________

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>