[OS X TeX] magnification, pdftex and graphicx

Gianluca Gorni gorni at dimi.uniud.it
Fri Jun 3 02:52:43 EDT 2005

Hello!

I am one among the people hit by the change of behaviour of
\magnification
in plain pdftex. A workaround suggested by Bruno Voisin (for letter
paper)
was to replace \magnification=2000 with

      \magnification=2000
      \input pdftexconfig

I have just found a little problem and I am reporting it as a warning
to my fellow residual plain-TeXers: you have to be careful if you also
load the package graphicx.tex :

this works:

      \input graphicx
      \magnification=2000
      \input pdftexconfig

but this does not work:

      \magnification=2000
      \input pdftexconfig
      \input graphicx

It seems that graphicx undoes something that pdftexconfig fixes.
So we have to load graphicx first.

Best regards,
Gianluca Gorni

-
Messaggio controllato dal sistema antivirus del Dipartimento di Matematica e Informatica dell'Universita' degli Studi di Udine.
Email scanned by the antivirus system of the Department of Mathematics and Informatics of the University of Udine (Italy).

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>