[OS X TeX] Once more: TeXShop wishlist

Stephen Moye stephenmoye at cox.net
Fri Jun 3 06:05:17 EDT 2005

Let me make it clear that I love TeXShop dearly and cannot imagine
civilized life without it. I use it for all of my TeX work, and I do
**everything** in TeX. That said, there are some remaining niggles
that I would like to put forward.

1. The Console -- why is it necessary to mouse around for the console
window for the document currently being typeset? Yes, I know that I
can cycle through **all** the windows currently open in TeXShop, but
that gets tedious and error-prone if you have four or five documents
open.

2. Magnify/reduce -- this desperately needs a keyboard shortcut;
mousing-around should not be necessary to get this to happen.

3. Log files -- is it absolutely necessary to generate log files
**all the time?** There should be a preference to turn this off --
after all, that is what the console is for, and it it irritating to
generate useless files that accumulate and that must be cleaned up
periodically. Yes, I know that you can cleanup the files for the
current document, and that is fine as long as you remember to do it,
but why be forced to do that in the first place? The log file serves
little or no purpose: it is not like a LaTeX aux file that is
generated to be reused if necessary.

Again, I love the program, but having used it a lot, I find some
aspects of it less than ideal -- which the rest of the program is to
my mind.
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>