[OS X TeX] Once more: TeXShop wishlist

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Fri Jun 3 08:27:10 EDT 2005

Le 3 juin 05 à 12:05, Stephen Moye a écrit :

> Let me make it clear that I love TeXShop dearly and cannot imagine
> civilized life without it. I use it for all of my TeX work, and I
> do **everything** in TeX. That said, there are some remaining
> niggles that I would like to put forward.

A couple of other niggles (all regarding the preview window):

- Make it so that, in multiple page mode, the following/ previous
page buttons and shortcuts move really one page up/down, while
keeping the position in the page current (like viewing the bottom
part of the page), instead of selecting automaticaly the top portion
of each page. I've not found any setting in the preferences affecting
this in multiple page mode.

- Similarly, in multiple page mode, not have the top portion of the
page selected after each typeset of a document. At present, if I'm
viewing a specific position of a page in the preview window, and then
press Typeset, after the typeset operation is completed the preview
window is automatically repositioned at the top of the page. That
shouldn't happen IMO.

- It may be that my PowerBook is too slow for Tiger, but when the
preview window is updated following a typeset, I can see in some
circumstances the page to be (i) first positioned flushright in the
window (i.e. with the right border of the page at the right edge of
the window) and (ii) then displaced laterally to match the previously
selected lateral positioning.

I also hope that, at some point, either through some sort of bundle
mechanism or in another way, some GUI settings will become document-
specific, like: size and screen position of the editing and preview
window, font and size in the editing window, magnification, layout
(single/multiple/double) and positioning in the preview window,
printer and page setup (portrait/landscape) for that printer, etc.
And possibly the engine, etc.

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>