[OS X TeX] FontForge and mf?

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Wed Jun 15 05:06:16 EDT 2005

Am 14.06.2005 um 20:42 schrieb Stephen Moye:

> The error message I got comes up after fontforge seems to start
> working on the file. I'm wondering if mf needs a place to write an
> intermediary file?

Probably, but I think /tmp would be fine for this temporary use. The
question should be: what is the name of the traced output file? And:
how can autotrace work on MF files when it tells:

	prompt /\: autotrace -list-input-formats
	Supported input formats:
	  PNG Portable network graphics
	  TGA Truevision Targa image
	  PBM Portable bitmap format
	  PNM Portable anymap format
	  PGM Portable graymap format
	  PPM Portable pixmap format
	  BMP Microsoft Windows bitmap image

(it's quite the same that potrace supports, which Bruno Voisin
mentioned) George Williams' documentation is not precise enough to
answer this (or it#s hidden that I haven't found it).

On my system Fontforge and autotrace don't work together (crashes with
CrashReporter popping up) -- what are you trying to do with the MF
files which hasn't already been done by others? Maybe there is
something more simply available ...

--
Greetings

   Pete

These are my principles and if you don't like them... well, I have
others. - Groucho Marx

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>