[OS X TeX] FontForge and mf?

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Wed Jun 15 05:30:45 EDT 2005

Le 15 juin 05 à 11:06, Peter Dyballa a écrit :

> On my system Fontforge and autotrace don't work together (crashes
> with CrashReporter popping up) -- what are you trying to do with
> the MF files which hasn't already been done by others? Maybe there
> is something more simply available ...

In case that helps:

- CM-Super fonts are produced using TeXtrace <http://www.inf.bme.hu/
~pts/textrace/>, a set of scripts using MetaFont to produces bitmaps
of the .mf font and then using AutoTrace to trace these bitmaps. In
case you installed CM-Super, see /Library/teTeX/share/texmf.local/doc/
fonts/cm-super/README.

- Latin Modern fonts are produced using MetaType1 <http://
www.ctan.org/tex-archive/fonts/utilities/metatype1/>, a set of
scripts producing MetaPost code directly out of a .mf font and then
applying MetaPost. See /Library/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/doc/fonts/lm/
0inf0982.txt.

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>