[OS X TeX] Printing wrong from Acrobat, right from TeXShop

Josep M.Font pepf54 at tiscali.es
Tue Jun 21 17:46:07 EDT 2005

Hi,

Since some weeks, a strange problem happens to me from time to
time--not always: If I try to print from Acrobat Reader a pdf file
produced by some TeX variety, some fonts, not all, seem to be missing
and are substituted by courier, with wrong spacing, etc. This seems to
happen with only some sizes of cmr, since \Large, \textbf, \textsc,
maths, etc. print OK. The file is correctly viewed on screen, and
moreover if I open it with TeXShop--even when it was produced in
another computer with another TeX--then it prints correctly!

Does this seem to be an installation-related problem ? Or rather a
printer-related one ? I don't know how differently handle fonts and
printing the Reader and TeXShop... (well, I know nothing at all...).
Any advice about where should I direct my next steps will be greatly
appreciated...

JMaF

MacOS 10.3.8, teTeX from one year or so, TeXShop 1.35e, Laser Printer
HP 4200dtn in a network shared with some Windows PCs.

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>