[OS X TeX] Printing wrong from Acrobat, right from TeXShop

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Tue Jun 21 18:04:02 EDT 2005

Le 21 juin 05 à 23:46, Josep M.Font a écrit :

> Since some weeks, a strange problem happens to me from time to
> time--not always: If I try to print from Acrobat Reader a pdf file
> produced by some TeX variety, some fonts, not all, seem to be
> missing and are substituted by courier, with wrong spacing, etc.
> This seems to happen with only some sizes of cmr, since \Large,
> \textbf, \textsc, maths, etc. print OK. The file is correctly
> viewed on screen, and moreover if I open it with TeXShop--even when
> it was produced in another computer with another TeX--then it
> prints correctly!
>
> Does this seem to be an installation-related problem ? Or rather a
> printer-related one ? I don't know how differently handle fonts and
> printing the Reader and TeXShop... (well, I know nothing at
> all...). Any advice about where should I direct my next steps will
> be greatly appreciated...

That's certainly a different problem, but since migrating to Tiger
I'm seeing from time to time something very odd: files sent to the
printer or displayed in TeXShop's preview window have all their space
characters replaced by another character, generally a double quote "
or an ampersand &. When that happens, reprinting the file or re-
displaying it clears the problem.

I could see no logical pattern to this. I have the impression this
happens when I print a file very quickly (before or as soon as it's
completely displayed), or display it in TeXShop and click on the
preview window very quickly (before or as soon as the window content
is completely displayed), but I'm not sure.

This seems to be just one more of the -- numerous -- bugs in Tiger.

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>