[OS X TeX] LaTeX Books

Luis Sequeira lsequeir at fc.ul.pt
Fri Jun 24 07:15:32 EDT 2005

>Paulo Ferreira wrote:
>
>>  BUT, there is a box called "The LaTeX Companions, Revised Set" that has
>>  both books plus "The LaTeX Graphics Companion" and "The Latex Web
>>  Companion",
>>  in a total of four LaTeX books.
>
>I have "both books" and I do all my graphics in Intaglio, save them as
>pdf and "include" them. Am I missing something and should I buy "The
>LaTeX Graphics Companion"?
>
>Thanks and regards
>--schremmer

There is no problem with your workflow. However, some people do
prefer to deal with some, or most, graphics from within LaTeX, using
tools like pstricks, xy-pic, metapost. I write lots of graphics for
my teaching work and use pstricks and related packages for precise
mathematical drawing (and perfect integration with LaTeX - think
fonts in graphics labels, for instance). I wouldn't trade that for
anything else. I own a copy "The LaTeX Graphics Companion", which has
a whole chapter on pstricks, but I rely mostly on the pstricks
manual, which, as a matter of fact, is included in Gerben's
distribution, so is there already on my (and on your) mac.

Luis Sequeira
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>