[OS X TeX] PDF from LaTeX and Adobe Illustrator

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Jun 30 05:58:54 EDT 2005

On Jun 30, 2005, at 4:35 AM, Pierre Chatelier wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Some users of LaTeXiT has reported me that when you drag'n drop a
> PDF equation generated by pdfLaTeX to Adobe Illustrator, then
> Illustrator does not consider it as a mere image, but on the
> contrary recognized the symbols, and unfortunately replace them
> using another (ugly) font.
> I have installed the Illustrator tryout version, and I could see
> that by myself.
> Do you think there is any latex option that could be used at pdf
> generation, to get rid of this problem ?
>
> Regards,
>
> Pierre Chatelier
>
> PS : I hope this mail is plain text, since I used the <convert to
> Text> (Shift-Command-T)  command of Apple's Mail app.

Howdy,

That has been a problem with Illustrator for a long time. I'm still
at Illustrator 10 so I can't comment on 11 or CS or whatever it's
called now.

The only real solution I've seen is to use WARMreader + WarmFigToPDF
which works nicely.

In the end I started making my exam figures, etc., with Stone
Studio's Create and haven't turned back.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>