[OS X TeX] OT: effective Macintosh Trojan in the wild

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Sun May 8 10:46:02 EDT 2005

On May 8, 2005, at 4:20 PM, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> Le 7 mai 05 à 11:33, Maarten Sneep a écrit :
>
>> On May 6, 2005, at 4:33 PM, Bruno Voisin wrote:
>>
>>> When installing, ClamXav creates a clamav group and a clamav
>>> user, visible under NetInfo Manager and used (according to the
>>> doc) for retrieving updates. Is that what you mean?
>>
>> No, the clamav user is there on my system, even though I've never
>> installed clamXav.
>
> Then I imagine you've got Tiger Server, which includes clamav

[looks at bill:] No, that isn't server, just a clean install of Tiger
client. [looks again at 'about this mac':] "Mac OS X, version 10.4
(no mention of server there) [click] build 8A428.

Note that I did wipe my drive before instaling, and that I formatted
as Case sensitive HFS+. Maybe that triggered some things, but I find
that hard to believe.

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>