[OS X TeX] xetex, bibdesk and bibtex?

Jonas Wellendorf Jonas.Wellendorf at cms.uib.no
Thu May 12 05:22:27 EDT 2005

Hi,

I use bibdesk and texshop (newest versions for OS X 10.3). I have no
problems with the combination latex+bibtex but when I use the
combination xelatex+bibtex the characters “ and ” [quotationmarks] and
– [m-dash] in my bibliography appear as ``, '' and -- in the typeset
pdf-file.
On my (Norwegian) keyboard I enter these characters as [alt+n], [alt+m]
and [alt+-].

How should I enter these characters to get the expected output? I would
like to use the same bibtex database for botht ypes of documents.

I use the UFT-8 encoding in bibdesk.

Thank you,

Jonas

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>