[OS X TeX] pdf<->text synchronization

Herb Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat May 14 15:49:04 EDT 2005

Howdy,

Now that I've moved to Tiger I've been playing with TeXShop 2.0.2 and it's
pretty amazing. The synchronization between the pdf and source file is neat
although I haven't tried it out with \included files yet. The ``new''
commands for moving about the pdf file will take some time to feel normal.

I still have some questions and suggestions:

- Is there a way to get rid of the red highlight from text->pdf
synchronization when you don't need it any more? I tried putting the
SyncMarks checkbox onto the pdf toolbar but that doesn't seem to do anything
and I can't seem to find any documentation for it. When you do pdf->text
synchronization a simple click in the text window seems to work.

- I agree that we need Cmd-Left/Right Arrow to go to the ends of a line in
the text window. Is there a way to have the meaning be different in a text
window and a pdf window?

- I've said it before but Cmd-F should bring up the Find dialogue with the
Find text selected so typing puts in a new Find criterion.

All in all this has gotten to be one very neat piece of software. I think it
should get another award from Apple.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>