[OS X TeX] Crossrefs in BibDesk?

Joseph C. Slater joseph.slater at wright.edu
Wed May 18 10:08:51 EDT 2005

On May 18, 2005, at 9:42 AM, Adam R. Maxwell wrote:

> On May 18, 2005, at 02:41, Stephen Anderson wrote:
>

>> I see BibDesk has reached the 1.0RC1 stage, but as far as I can
>> tell it still doesn't support cross references.  This makes it
>> unusable for me, because (like many others, I suspect) I have
>> large bibliography files organized to avoid duplication of
>> information when several articles are from the same collection.
>>

> Just to be clear: BibDesk supports items with the crossref field
> just fine.  You can add it, edit it, and save it.

I am simultaneously intrigued and confused. However, for reference,
this is what the bibdesk help says about crossref:
"BibDesk Does Not Recognize crossref

BibDesk does not currently take advantage of the BibTeX crossref
feature for display or searching, but if you use crossrefs, using
BibDesk will not break them. If you would like to send feedback about
this, see Getting More Help."

I'm confused then what exactly Bibdesk does with crossrefs (or what
it should do, for that matter.).

Joe
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>