[OS X TeX] Line thickness in TeXShop preview (and Preview.app) on Tiger

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Wed May 25 10:17:52 EDT 2005

Le 25 mai 05 à 00:47, Bruno Voisin a écrit :

> [OT'er-than-the-rest rant: I'm getting really fed up by all the
> bugs everywhere in Pages. [...] Similarly Copy and Paste Styles in
> second-level lists just doesn't work: it's always the style for
> first-level lists that will be pasted, even though you took care to
> copy beforehand the style from a second-level list item.

What happens actually is that, when copying the style of a list item
of a certain level, the style of all list levels up to and including
this level is copied. When you paste this style in another list, it
is indeed pasted correctly, but the list level is reset to 1.
Increasing then the level as required, you get the desired result.

Imagine for example you copy the style of a list item of level 3
(item of a sub-sub-list), and paste it in another item. This level of
this latter item will be reset to 1, and you'll have to reset it
manually to 3 to get the expected layout.

On a logical basis that makes sense, but it's a bit disconcerting at
first.

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>