[OS X TeX] TeXniscope and pdfsync

Massimiliano Gubinelli mgubi at mac.com
Tue Nov 1 17:12:08 EST 2005

On 1 Nov 2005, at 14:50, Thomas Schröder wrote:

> Am 31.10.2005 um 18:58 schrieb Massimiliano Gubinelli:
>

>> A first suggestio would be to use the dvipdfm option with
>> hyperref, i.e.
>> \usepackage[dvipdfm]{hyperref}
>>

> OK, did that but nothing's changed :-(
> But since I'm using pdflatex to directly produce PDF output, it
> couldn't really, could it?

Sorry I missed this. I was assuming you were using dvi.
Does some of the chapters are in files with names with accented =20
characters? (this could be a problem).
It is very strange that syncronization works only if the hyperref =20
package is not loaded.

Another thing to try is to include only the current chapter in the =20
compilation to see if it is a problem related to the size of the pdf.
There should be some way to reproduce the bug without sending me the =20
PDF and .pdfsync file, otherwise there is not much I can do to track =20
down the problem. E.g. try to write a fake tex file, with =20
approximately the same size and structure (by copying some fake text =20
over and over), and then see if sync is still working.

best,
massimiliano gubinelli