[OS X TeX] Re: What to do about missing PK font?

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Wed Nov 9 04:19:00 EST 2005

Le 9 nov. 05 à 00:26, John B.Thoo a écrit :

> I'm using the CMPS fonts.  I was under the impression that PS fonts
> scale, so I wouldn't need particular font sizes.  Is this wrong?

No, by default they don't: the PS fonts scale of course, but TeX
(actually dvips) isn't aware of it and is looking for the exact
specified size (as defined by the appropriate .fd files).

Things depend on how you're using OzTeX. Things are simpler in case
you're using teTeX's texmf tree: in that case, a special map file

	/Library/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/fonts/map/dvips/tetex/bsr-
interpolated.map

tells TeX to interpolate font sizes. Still, there's no provision for
cmex there.

Normally TeX isn't using cmex in any other size than cmex10. It's the
AMS font distro which adds cmex7,8,9. If you look at

	/Library/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/doc/fonts/amsfonts/amsfndoc.dvi

or

	/Applications/OzTeX\ 5.2/Extras/Docs/AMSFonts/amsfndoc.tex

in the OzTeX distro, then you'll see all you need to do is specify
the [psamsfonts] option for some packages

	\usepackage[psamsfonts]{amsfonts}
	\usepackage[psamsfonts]{amssymb}
	\usepackage[psamsfonts]{eucal}
	\usepackage[psamsfonts]{eufrak}