[OS X TeX] pdflatex with dvi-output

Michael Hoppe mh at michael-hoppe.de
Thu Nov 10 08:41:43 EST 2005

Werter Peter,

>Your 'Fehler' is that you assume, microstyle and DVI work together.

Definitely I don't assume this.

>The microstyle package works by creating expanded or compressed
>versions of PostScript fonts (it does not work with TrueType).
>PdfTeX has means to use 1 TFM file for a series of these font
>variations, DVI output would need a series of TFM files, for each
>variation one.

This I kow also.

>I think microstyle is clever enough to find it's useless when there
>is no PDF output intended,

It's not, but this is not my point.  My question is:

     Is there a command-line-equivalent to putting "\pdfoutput=0" in
the source file?

Got it?  Instead of writing "\pdfoutput=0" in the source I'ld like to
do this in the command line, regardless of using microtype or not.

Michael

--
-= Michael Hoppe <www.michael-hoppe.de>, <mh at michael-hoppe.de> =-----
-= Key fingerprint = 74 FD 0A E3 8B 2A 79 82 25 D0 AD 2B 75 6A AE 63