[OS X TeX] tex files and mdimport

Adam Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Thu Nov 17 14:10:22 EST 2005

On Thursday, November 17, 2005, at 10:25AM, Norm Gall <gall at spookyhill.net> wrote:

>On 17-Nov-05, at 9:47 AM, Richard Koch wrote:
>
>> Folks,
>>
>> I'm hoping that Adam Maxwell or someone else will take the lead on
>> this
>> one and produce an importer that we all endorse.
>> When that happens (or at least when the project is truly underway)
>> I'll
>> happily revise TeXShop to support it. Adam wrote me explaining
>> what I'd need to do to make TeXShop work with his importer.
>> I don't want to do that until it is clear that most of the front end
>> makers support the same importer.
>>

>I don't know what Adam said to you, but if the importer has the right
>info in it, (AFAIK) TeXShop will not have to be modified at all.

It was something I wrote to the list, I think.  TeXShop/iTeXMac/etc should declare that they edit whatever UTI the importer imports; tug.org.latex would be nice, but if we can tie it to the mactextoolbox, that's probably sufficient.  It's just a matter of editing the Info.plist for the front ends, then.

>All files with a .tex extension will be imported.
>
>My LaTeX importer provides this information:

[...]

Looks like your importer would be fine for this.

>I think that this does the job nicely.
>
>> The key goal: one importer for tex.
>>

>Agreed. All we need is a stable UTI.

Also, I'd request that you make the importer source available (I couldn't find it last I checked); my preference is for drag-and-drop install, as well, although I suppose that's debatable.

-- Adam