[OS X TeX] RE: Newbie TeTex font installation

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sat Nov 19 18:54:37 EST 2005

Am 20.11.2005 um 00:00 schrieb Thomas A. Schmitz:

> Of course you can have both variants in one document, that's what
> ConTeXt typescripts are for.

You would need to use two different fonts as in LaTeX with PostScript
fonts? In LaTeX we have the 8t type font file having the T1 font
encoding, and then we have the 8c type font file with TS1 font
encoding, which has currency symbols, old style figures, small caps,
etc.

How does ConTeXt produce these files?

I don't want to start a flame war against ConTeXt, I just want to see a
solution very close to perfection, just like some things in ConTeXt can
work. With perfection I don't want to describe the ease of getting
*some* solution, perfection would be to fetch up to 512 glyphs from a
Unicode encoded TrueType font of a few thousand glyphs and make them
usable in (La)TeX. I mean outside any specific TeX dialect.

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

   Pete

Claiming that the Macintosh is inferior to Windows because most people
use Windows, is like saying that all other restaurants serve food that
is
inferior to McDonald's.