[OS X TeX] Including jpg w/ graphicx

Christopher Allen Christopher.T.Allen.95 at Alum.Dartmouth.ORG
Tue Nov 22 15:13:15 EST 2005

>>> Firstly, are you using pdfLaTeX or ordinary LaTeX (e.g. with TeX
>>> +Ghostscript mode)?
>>
>> Oh, whoops, sorry; I ought to know to include that. I'm using TeX
>> +dvips+distiller
> It's my understanding that this doesn't work with jpegs. Convert
> them to eps files first.

Since both of you mentioned this, I've switched. I'm now running
pdfLaTeX. You may well be right, but the problem persists, so there
has got to be another issue here in addition to the pdfLaTeX vs LaTeX
possible issue.

Here's the code, all trimmed down:

\documentclass[letterpaper,10pt]{article}
\usepackage{graphicx}
\graphicspath{~/Pictures/}
\begin{document}
\includegraphics*[bb=0 0 67 75]{face1.jpg}
\end{document}

Thanks!
Chris